Benefits of Smart Garage Door Openers
With advanced and evolving technology, so many aspects of your home are more streamlined, secure and accessible than ever, from your doorbell and thermostats to your indoor lights — now with the latest smart garage door opener models, you can also easily monitor and control your garage door from anywhere in the world from your smartphone.
Smart garage door openers can do so much more than simply raise and lower your garage door using a remote like many dated models. While standard opener machines offer reliable operations, smart garage door openers expose you to unmatched benefits that will increase home security and simplify your life.
Reasons to Upgrade to a Smart Garage Door Opener
Smart garage door openers are the most advanced opener machines available and by connecting your opener to your home’s Wi-Fi connection, you can easily monitor your door activity and control your door from your phone or computer. With the latest Wi-Fi garage door openers, you can also experience the following benefits:
- Accessible monitoring: Using your smartphone, you can easily monitor the operations of your garage door — check whether you accidentally left the door open when leaving for work in the morning, let a dog walker into your home while you’re on vacation and receive real-time alerts any time your door is opened or closed.
- Improved safety and security: Easily monitor the activity of up to two garage doors and improve your home’s security with rolling door codes, battery backup, scheduled light operations and additional standard security features. With a MyQ smart opener, the opener will beep and the lights will blink while the door is completing a cycle.
- Scheduled opening and closing capabilities: By using a smart garage door opener, you have the flexibility to control your garage door opener’s movements from anywhere in the world. Whether you need to let a house sitter inside while you’re away or give other guests access to your home, you can easily schedule times for your garage door to open and close. With scheduled closing, you will improve your home’s security efforts and have added peace of mind wherever you go.
- Simple setup: While smart garage door openers seem complicated, they’re actually incredibly easy to set up — follow basic instructions to wirelessly connect the opener to your home’s internet connection, then download the MyQ app to your Apple or Android device. Once your smart devices have been connected to your Wi-Fi garage door opener, you can enjoy no subscription or service fees.
- Seamless integration: With MyQ, you can not only easily monitor your garage door from your phone, but also integrate this program with your other home security systems. Link your smart garage door opener operations to your Nest, Wink, XFINITY Home and Apple HomeKit devices using the app.
Can Smartphones Now Be Used as a Garage Door Opener?
Keeping track of a clunky garage door opener remote can be challenging for many. Now that you’ve upgraded to a smart garage door opener can you replace your old remote with your iPhone or Android device?
While Wi-Fi openers can help homeowners easily monitor and open or close your garage door from anywhere, it’s best to avoid using your phone as a replacement for the opener remote. The MyQ app wasn’t designed for daily garage door raising and lowering, and the process wouldn’t be as simple or streamlined as merely using the garage door opener that came with the door or your vehicle.
Enjoy Unmatched Convenience and Security With the Latest Smart Openers From Quality Overhead Door
If you’re looking to improve your daily life and upgrade your dated, inefficient garage door opener system, then check out the selection of LiftMaster smart openers available at Quality Overhead Door. We offer a range of LiftMaster’s Premium and Elite belt, chain and jackshaft opener models featuring the latest operational improvements and technology features, such as Wi-Fi connectivity and MyQ intelligence.
As a LiftMaster ProVantage Authorized Dealer, our team is dedicated to offering our Toledo, OH, area customers only the finest, most dependable products that meet specific needs and long-term expectations.
Contact Us Today for a Free Installation Estimate
At Quality Overhead Door, we understand the need for local Toledo homeowners to have safe, dependable and efficient garage door products. We’re a family owned and operated company with more than 35 years of experience. Our team of trained technicians believes in always offering our customers efficient, comprehensive and affordable garage door opener installation and repair services.
We invite all Toledo homeowners to visit our local showroom to explore our variety of residential smart garage door openers and understand the undeniable benefits they can offer your home. Learn more about our smart garage door openers today by calling 419-578-8700 to speak to a specialist, or complete our online form to request a free installation quote.
4 Reasons to Replace Your Garage Door Opener
The garage door opener is that relatively small, motorized box-like object that hangs above the door. When you hit the button on the remote control unit, it sends a signal to the opener that causes the door to go up or down.
Garage door openers come in many versions. Chain drive, belt drive and direct drive are among the standard types. But they all have one thing in common — if they do not function properly, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to operate your door.
What Is a Smart Garage Door Opener?
Do you often find it difficult to locate your garage door remote in your car’s glove compartment when you get home after a long day at work? Are you tired of your teenager continually leaving the garage door open when he takes the car? When you’re not at home, do you find yourself worrying about keeping your family and possessions safe?
If any of these scenarios sound familiar, then chances are, you could benefit from installing a smart garage door opener.
How Much Horsepower Does My Garage Door Opener Need?
Your garage door is one of the largest and heaviest pieces of moving equipment in your home. You use it every single day and usually several times — and that means you need it to run properly for convenient living. Having the right horsepower for your garage door opener is a crucial part of a properly functioning door. You need to consider several factors before deciding which opener, and which motor, is best for your garage door and your home.
Best Quiet Garage Door Opener
Many people throughout the Northwest Ohio and Southwest Michigan regions live in home units above or below others, which means lifting and closing their garage door can be a huge nuisance if it makes a lot of noise. If you tend to leave or come home early in the morning or late at night and someone in your household sleeps during that time, you don’t want to have to worry about waking them for every trip.
Luckily, at Quality Overhead Door, we offer a pleasing variety of products for your entire household, including several extremely quiet opener models.
The Ultimate Garage Door Opener Buying Guide
January LiftMaster Special
For the month of January, the LiftMaster 8550 Garage Door Opener is $359 INSTALLED, includes 2 remotes, keypad and battery back-up. Plus, this new state of the art garage door opener allows you to open and close your garage door from anywhere in the world using your smartphone.
Call Quality today at 419.578.8700.