LiftMaster door openers are one of many remotes equipped with myQ technology. They help you keep track of your property’s activity and determine when maintenance on your garage door is required. If you have any questions about your myQ garage door opener, Quality Overhead Door is here to help.
What Is a myQ Garage Door Opener?
myQ technology gives you ultimate control over your home’s overhead door — no matter where you are. You can control and monitor your garage door opener using any internet-enabled computer, smartphone or tablet with this advanced two-way communication technology.
A myQ door opener allows you to open or close your door remotely or check if you accidentally left your overhead door open. All you have to do is download a free app to your Android or iOS device.
This garage door technology offers many benefits. A myQ opener:
- Allows you to control garage door lights and activity remotely.
- Helps you monitor garage door activity with ease.
- Can be connected to multiple home security systems, including XFINITY Home, SmartThings, Nest, Wink and Apple HomeKit with an additional adaptor purchase.
What Garage Door Openers Work With myQ?
Before determining if your garage door opener works with myQ, you’ll have first to assess whether or not your overhead door is compatible. You can do so by checking to make sure your garage door has eyes.
Next, find the light cover of your garage door opener. Remove it and look for the color buttons and program.
Compatible overhead door brands and models that work with myQ include:
- LiftMaster: All openers with program button colors of red, green, orange, purple and yellow
- Genie: All openers manufactured after 1996
- Wayne Dalton: Most models including Quantum, ProDrive, iDrive, DoorMaster, Classic Drive and other models manufactured after 1993
- Raynor: All openers with program button colors of red, yellow, green, orange and purple
- Stanley: All openers with a program button on the operator’s motor portion
- Overhead Door: All models manufactured after 1996
- Linear: All openers
- Craftsman: All openers with program button colors of green, red, orange, yellow and purple
- Chamberlain: All openers with program button colors of yellow, orange, green, red and purple
How Do I Set up a myQ Garage Door Opener?
If you are trying to connect a myQ garage door opener, know that any of the brands mentioned above will work. For the sake of ease, these are the steps you’ll need to take if programming a myQ LiftMaster garage door opener:
- Download the myQ app.
- Set up your devices by following the instructions in the app.
How Does a myQ Garage Door Opener Work?
Once you set up a LiftMaster myQ garage door opener — or a model from Linear, Raynor or other brands — remotely controlling your garage door is easy. Here’s how it works:
- Your garage door opener must be connected to your home’s Wi-Fi.
- A command is sent from your smartphone and relayed to a hub.
- This signal activates a sensor in the garage opener that can control the lights or trigger the garage door to open or close.
Browse LiftMaster Openers and Set up myQ Smart Technology Today
If you try these ideas and you’re still having trouble programming your myQ garage door opener, it may be time to call the technicians at Quality Overhead Door. Serving the Toledo area since 1982, we are committed to providing you with quality service that meets your needs every time.
We service all make and models of garage door openers, including LiftMaster, Raynor, Challenger, Wayne Dalton, Allister, Moor-o-Matic, Chamberlain, Sears, Overhead Door and Genie.