Do you dread going out to your garage and getting in your car on a frigid Toledo morning? The garage represents the largest exterior opening on most homes, which also makes it the most significant area for heat loss. Not only will this escape of heat create a chilly garage environment, but the cold air can also seep inside your home and cause your heating system to work harder — and that means higher energy bills.
Insulated garage doors can keep a garage warmer throughout the winter and provide a host of additional benefits. Depending on factors such as the type and thickness of the insulation, it can increase the temperature inside a garage anywhere from 10° to 50° F. You’ll notice the difference when you enter your garage — and when you receive your monthly utility bill.
Why Do I Need an Insulated Garage Door?
Here’s a brief overview of the numerous benefits derived from insulated garage doors:
- Energy Efficiency: Because garages are not considered to be living spaces, they typically do not need to comply with the same construction standards as the rest of the home. If you have an attached garage, there will be gaps and leaks that allow cold air to enter the adjacent rooms. By creating a protective barrier, an insulated garage door will keep the cold air outside, moderating the garage’s internal temperature. The air from the garage that enters your home will be warmer, which reduces the burden on your heating unit.
- Reduced Noise: Does your door make a lot of noise during opening and closing? While noisy doors are often the result of maintenance issues such as loose springs, rollers or hinges, vibrating panels are also a common culprit. Insulation will absorb the vibration, resulting in a quieter operation.
- Increased Durability: The construction style of insulated garage doors, typically consisting of solid-core insulation sandwiched between steel panels, adds strength and enhances the door’s ability to withstand impact. You’re less likely to experience dings and dents that can result from kids playing near the garage and minor collisions. Your garage door will last longer and maintain its curb appeal over time.
Best-Rated Insulated Garage Doors
Quality Overhead Door is your one-stop headquarters for the top-rated insulated garage doors in the Toledo, OH area. As a Clopay Master Authorized Dealer, we’re able to offer innovative products from the largest and most respected residential garage door manufacturer in North America.
Clopay produces doors featuring Intellicore®, a polyurethane foam that’s injected into the door and expands to fill the structure. The result is a stronger, quieter door that provides exceptional energy efficiency. Please read on to learn more about all our Clopay insulated garage door options.
Canyon Ridge Collection With 2″ Intellicore® Insulation
Canyon Ridge garage doors feature a steel base with beautiful faux wood overlays for the ideal combination of strength, longevity and aesthetic appeal. We offer models from the three Canyon Ridge Series (Limited, Modern and Ultra-Grain) to meet the style preferences of every homeowner. Depending on the model, you can get an Intellicore®-insulated door with an R-value of 20.4. R-value is a measure of the material’s resistance to heat flow relative to its thickness.
Coachman Collection With 2″ Intellicore® Insulation
The Coachman line consists of authentic-looking carriage house doors featuring a four-layer construction consisting of insulation sandwiched between two steel skins and finished with a composite overlay. Available insulation options include 2″ Intellicore®, as well as 2″ or 1 3/8″ polystyrene. Customize your door by choosing from a wide array of design, color, specialty glass and hardware offerings.
Gallery Collection With 2″ Intellicore® Insulation
The Gallery Collection includes grooved panel steel carriage house doors available with or without insulation. The insulated models offer an R-value range from 6.3 to 18.4. The steel skins feature a layered coating system for optimum protection. Select from 12 visually appealing factory-finish paint colors and multiple glass options.
Modern Steel Collection With 2″ Intellicore® Insulation
Modern Steel doors offer the ideal complement to the decor of contemporary and mid-century modern home styles. They’re also a good choice for homeowners who want an attractive, durable door that’s easy to maintain. Choose a door design with or without grooves, and select from 13 different colors. Maximize the door’s energy efficiency capabilities by opting for 2″ Intellicore® insulation. Other available insulation options include 1 3/8″ Intellicore®, as well as 1 3/8″ or 1 5/16″ polystyrene.
How to Choose the Right One to Match Your Home
While the primary reasons for purchasing an insulated garage door are energy efficiency, reduced noise and increased durability, you’ll also want to be sure it meets your aesthetic requirements. Fortunately, you don’t have to be a design pro to make the right choice for your home. We encourage you to take advantage of the user-friendly online Imagine tool to simplify your decision-making process. Using Imagine is easy and fun — begin by uploading a photo of the front of your home, then experiment with different color, material and window glass combinations. Unleash your “inner designer” as you explore the possibilities!
If you want some personal assistance selecting your insulated garage door, the on-staff experts at Quality Overhead Door are happy to oblige. We’ve been helping Toledo-area homeowners just like you make informed garage door purchasing decisions since 1982. We invite you to visit our fully appointed Toledo showroom to see the best-rated insulated garage doors for yourself. You can also give us a call for a telephone consultation if you prefer. Either way, you’ll receive reliable guidance that can simplify the selection process.
We Also Handle Your Installation, Maintenace and Repair Needs
Our status as a Clopay Master Authorized Dealer means you can count on us to perform a fast, flawless installation of your insulated garage door. We’ll also be there to provide timely preventive maintenance and repair service whenever you need us.
Learn more about the best-insulated garage doors in Toledo, OH and beyond. Stop by the Quality Overhead Door showroom or give us a call today!
Additional Resources On Types of Insulated Garage Doors:
- Benefits of Insulated Garage Doors
- Garage Door Insulation Buying Guide for Homeowners in Ohio and Michigan
- Insulation and Wood Garage Doors
- What is Garage Door R-Value?