Many people throughout the Northwest Ohio and Southwest Michigan regions live in home units above or below others, which means lifting and closing their garage door can be a huge nuisance if it makes a lot of noise. If you tend to leave or come home early in the morning or late at night and someone in your household sleeps during that time, you don’t want to have to worry about waking them for every trip.
Luckily, at Quality Overhead Door, we offer a pleasing variety of products for your entire household, including several extremely quiet opener models.
The Quietest Models
There are currently two types of garage door openers on the market that boast a quiet operation. Either one can be ideal depending on your lifestyle:
- Belt drive garage door openers: These models work along a rail system, but they’re known for being quieter than other openers because the belt is made out of a soft, durable material. It tends to move extremely smoothly without vibrating or jerking and no metal parts grind against one another. Overall, these characteristics make the opener almost entirely silent when it lifts your garage door. Other benefits of the belt drive opener include:
- Increased speed
- Strength and durability
- Infrequent maintenance
- Easy installation process
- High potential for customization
- Jackshaft garage door openers: Also known as “wall mount garage door openers,” these models stay on the wall on the left or right side of your garage door and operate without an overhead track and rail system. They’re a good choice for a garage with little overhead space or cathedral ceilings and they work to easily lift large and heavy garage doors without stalling. You can expect near-silent operation from this opener. You’ll notice other advantages when you choose a jackshaft opener, such as:
- Increased storage space
- Usability in different types of irregular garages
- High safety assurance
- Customizable features
The garage door opener model you choose for your residence is ultimately up to you and what you think works best for your space. If you’re looking for something quiet, the two options above are going to be your best bet, but the customization doesn’t stop there. Once you’ve decided the way you want your opener to function, you’ll have a number of features to choose from.
First, you’ll decide on a manufacturer and brand. Then, you can choose from features like battery backup, bright lighting, high-end security, Wi-Fi and remote access.
Get the Best Quiet Garage Door Opener for You
It’s important to keep in mind that even a system with the quietest opener on the market will make noises if something goes wrong. An improperly balanced door, snapped spring or otherwise damaged door can creak, grind and clank, so it’s important to call a professional and find out what’s going wrong if you notice these sounds. Garage doors are heavy, the springs have a high amount of tension and many broken components can cause the door to come slamming down unexpectedly with a force that could hurt or even kill someone nearby.
Quality Overhead Door is a local, family-owned company that has been providing exceptional service throughout Toledo and the surrounding region since 1982. We never use subcontractors — we trust this work only to our highly trained, experienced and long-term employees and we always do what we say we’re going to do. As an authorized dealer for LiftMaster, Wayne Dalton, CHI and Clopay®, we’re positive we can get the exact garage door opener you want installed in your garage in no time.
If you think there might be an issue with your current opener, we can quickly complete inspections and repairs if you request our services. If you’ve decided a quieter garage door opener is for you and you want it installed as soon as possible, take advantage of our free estimates to get exactly the opener you want within your budget.