Looking to create a backyard oasis filled with outdoor furniture, beautiful exterior decorating and lots of diversions to help you, your family and your friends enjoy the best months of the year? Consider taking some of these backyard decorating ideas and entertainment tips to help you create the perfect environment for relaxing and having fun.
- Comfortable Furniture: If you truly want to create a backyard oasis, make sure you have the comfy furniture that will make people want to hang around. You can now find large and comfortable chairs and couches that will make you and visitors to your home want to spend the afternoon in paradise. Outdoor furniture extends beyond just sofas and chairs to include hammocks and other non-traditional lounging areas.
- Add an Awning: Outdoor furniture is great, but it’s not always so comfortable if you’re baking in the hot August sun. Make sure to add a patio awning to your exterior decorating list. Patio awnings can look fantastic and deliver the shade needed to keep you and your family and friends cool through the hottest months of the year.
- Lighting: Lighting is among the best backyard decorating ideas, because lighting is both functional and attractive. Consider hanging lanterns or using pole lighting like tiki torches. You can also find track lighting that illuminates paths and other areas in your backyard oasis.
- What’s in Is Out: It’s also fun to blur the lines between what’s inside and what’s outside. You can accomplish this through screened-in areas, sun rooms and even living areas that include stylish garage doors. Add a garage door to a living area adjacent to your backyard, and it’s fast and easy to make that living area a part of your backyard oasis.
- Mood Pieces: Be creative with your outdoor decorating ideas. You can do it yourself by creating outdoor décor that’s one-of-a-kind and helps spice up your backyard oasis. Consider using colored glass, brick or other fun and easy materials to create fashionable stepping stones, bird baths, chandeliers and other décor. Also consider painting a faux rug with colors that reflect your personality and the sense of fun you want to exude in your outdoor areas.
- Stash Your Storage: Consider building storage areas into backyard patios and other structures. You can use these storage areas to stash toys, firewood for an outdoor fireplace, grilling materials, lawn games and more. By keeping them out of the way, you ensure your backyard oasis remains uncluttered while remaining ready with the right tools for having a blast.
- Built-In Seats: When you build in storage, consider building in seats and benches, also. People want to be able to sit in their outdoor oasis, and you’ll need lost of seating if you’re going to host parties and invite others to take part in your backyard wonderland.
- Go Green: Make sure there’s plenty of greenery in your outdoor spaces. You can find plants and flowers that require little in the way of maintenance that will add a pop of color to your backyard. If you want to go a step further, consider adding a vegetable garden to your backyard oasis. Wouldn’t it be nice to grill hamburgers and garnish them with tomatoes fresh from your backyard garden?
- Amusement Areas: Not everyone wants, needs or can afford a swimming pool, but there are other ways to add amusement areas to your backyard oasis. Build a treehouse or add a playscape for children, for example. Include lawn games like horseshoes and washers for the adults. Then, sit back and relax as you watch your family and friends have a blast in the back of your home.
- Connectivity: We live in a connected world, and your family and friends will expect to have Internet access no matter where they go on your property — and that includes the backyard. By making sure your wireless Internet connection extends to your backyard, you’ll also have the opportunity to move Wi-Fi-powered cable boxes out to the rear of your home to watch the big game or movies. Consider connectivity the final flourish as you create your backyard oasis.
At Quality Overhead Doors, we help homeowners in Toledo and throughout the region create the kinds of living spaces they want and need. For your backyard, we can help with awnings, fireplaces, entry doors and so much more. When you want to create the backyard oasis of your dreams, count on your friends at Quality Overhead Door.
Contact us today about your backyard!