Tips for Working with Garage Door Companies:
- Does the business have a brick and mortar office in the community?
- Although it may seem unimportant, are the company vehicles clean and professionally signed?
- Have you checked with the Better Business Bureau, Angie’s List, or the Chamber of Commerce?
- How long has the company been in business?
- Does the company carry required insurance? Very important.
- Many companies are members of the International Door Association, these firms adhere to a strict Code of Business Practices.
- Does the company install products or repair them in compliance with local, state and federal codes?
- If you are requiring only repair or service work, make sure you obtain a firm estimate prior to authorizing the work. If the cost of repair or service seems extremely unreasonable, it probably is.
- Can the business provide you with the names of satisfied customers?